In a press event today, Microsoft Devices head for Australia and New Zealand, Steve Lewis, announced the Lumia 735 would be added to their local range for a RRP of $399AU. The Lumia 735 is expected to be available with Vodafone from 1 October for $0 on $30 plan, with an exclusive bonus orange wireless charging cover (value $24.95). Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, and JB Hifi will also range this great value new smartphone with an extra bright green wireless charging cover included.
Dubbed the selfie phone, carrying a marketing tag of “Share Yourself With the World”, the Lumia 735 aims to provide another choice for users who want an affordable smartphone.
Packed with Windows Phone 8.1 and the Lumia Denim firmware, out of the box, Wide-angle 5MP HD front-facing camera to capture more during Skype calls and selfies , Sync and share photos and content via One Drive, and a Sleek, pocketable design with interchangeable covers and wireless charging support, it packs a lot into a not so small package. Other specs include,
• Memory: 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal user memory; 15 GB OneDrive cloud storage, micro SD expandable up to 128 GB
• Display: 4.7” HD OLED (1280 x 720, 16:9), 316 PPI, Curved glass (2.25D), ClearBlack, SuperSensitive Touch, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability enhancements
• Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926) 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
• Primary camera: 6.7 MP ZEISS, f/1.9, Full HD video (1920 x 1080 @ 30fps), LED Flash.
• Secondary camera: Full HD 5 MP wide-angle (2596×1948) f/2.4, Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio, Lumia Selfie
• Size: 134.7 x 68.5 x 8.9 (volumetric) mm, Weight: 134.3g
• Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS/GLONASS, BeiDou, WIFI 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB, BT 4.0 LE, Nano SIM
• Battery: Removable 2220 mAh battery, exchangeable shell, Wireless charging supported (Qi Standard)
• Audio: 3.5 mm AV connector (AHJ), Dual microphone, FM Radio, Internet radio
I have a feeling the 735 will be welcome here in Aus, what do you think?