HTC have just announced the 8XT, a variation on it 8X Windows phone, for Sprint in the US, with some new features, some of the things users have been asking for, and some new tech included that they could not resist including.
It is a blend of the 8X and 8S design visually, but you are going to get a few features n board that we thought only were for the HTC One.
- The first Windows Phone to feature HTC BoomSound, which includes dual frontal speakers for louder, richer sound. If you haven’t heard BoomSound in person, you may not fully appreciate what a difference this can make to the audio experience on your phone. Also part of BoomSound is a dedicated amp for the dual speakers, and one for the headphone jack. This means powerful, crisp Beats Audio.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with a f/2.0 lens, back-side illumination sensor capable of multi-shot burst mode and the ability to capture both video and still images at the same time. And a dedicated camera button of course!
- 1.6 megapixel wide-angle front facing camera
- microSD card slot for up to 64 GB of expansion for storage of media files
- Available later this summer at a $99.99 price tag with a two-year contract and $50 mail-in rebate
- Available in California Blue with HTC’s signature soft-touch finish
Obviously a US exclusive at the moment, but it is great to see the call for expandable memory being answered, in higher specced phones from the OEM.
Hmm, looks like the Tiara might be here!